Friday, July 13, 2007

A little Project!

Well, my fabric from http://www.reprodepot.com/ arrived finally (thanks for the tip, Phoebe!). I found the most adorable fabric for a window treatment for the twins' room. To my disappointment, though, I realized it was super thin weight and I would have to LINE it (sewing 101 anyone?). So, I made the trek down to JoAnn's to ask the resident experts there how to go about lining window treatments! Over my screaming kids (no kidding) she explained how to attach the premium muslin to the back of the fabric, treating them like one, and sew them that way. Well, once I get an idea in my head, I can't let it go until I resolve it, so I came home, put my kids down for a nap and sewed, sewed, sewed (and cussed, cussed, cussed, a biproduct of sewing). Here is the finished product. After all that frustration, it turned out pretty cute.
(My hope is that my children will not absorb any of what I say when I sew!)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

It turned out so CUTE!!! I cant wait to see it in person...dont worry, sewing brings out the cussing in me too..except, its probley worse :)

Raina said...

Wow!! I'm impressed! I'll have to take some sewing lessons from you someday. I don't know if I can even hem things.
Great job!

Phoebe said...

They really look great. I am glad that you found such cute fabric!