Sunday, January 27, 2008

Oh give me back my prophet dear....

Our dear prophet and president of the Church, Gordon B. Hinkley died today.  He was 97.  I absolutely loved this man.  He stood for all that is good in this world.  He loved and served in his church so faithfully for so many years of his life.  Here are a few things I learned from President Hinkley:


1.  Be kind to others.  No matter who they are or what they believe.
2.  Love your spouse and children.  Angry words leave ugly scars.
3.  Serve quietly.  Every act of good goes noticed by our Heavenly Father, if not by the world.
4.  Children are the greatest gifts we have in this world.  Cherish them.
5.  Follow Jesus Christ.  In small ways try to emulate the man who gave us everything.
6.  Serve in your community.  
7.  Share the gospel of Jesus Christ with those around you.
8.  Be grateful.  Nothing makes you happier than gratitude.
9.  All the other b's:  be smart, be humble, be honest, be true, what am I forgetting?
10.Have a sense of humor.  It gets you through just about anything.

The things I learned from this great man have changed me.  I am so grateful to have been blessed with his teachings and love.  He has made this world such a better place.  I will miss him.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

We must have been posting at the same time :) Love your words Jen.

Fancy Nancy said...

I think we were all posting at the same time! Love your thoughts too... What a sweet man.

Mandy said...

Me too, thanks for the tribute.

cryssal said...

This was your forever prophet. The prophet you grew up with! He was a man of many wise words!

Erin said...

What a neat post. I love the tribute too. We are so lucky to have been able to watch the example of such a wonderful man.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

You posted exactly what I wanted to but didn't get around to doing partially because I just didn't really know how to sum up my feelings. Those are great little excerpts.

j and k said...

I love your thoughts! So well said!