Wednesday, November 14, 2012

14.

Wow. Today is hard! It's my birthday and I have been showered with treats, gifts, hugs, kisses, phone calls, texts and food! I can't begin to choose one thing to be grateful for, so I will be flying high today and for many days, buoyed up by all of the kindness!

I will focus today on my brother. He is a sweetheart. I got home from dinner with my family tonight and was surprised with flowers, candy, and a cute little bear! I was so surprised when I opened the card and saw it was from my big bro! My heart melted! My dad sent me flowers every single year for my birthday, but since he passed away, there have been no flowers on my doorstep for my birthday, and a big hole in my heart.

So, tonight when I saw the flowers, it warmed my heart. I am so blessed to have such a sweet big brother. I think he's pretty darn great. And he deserves a whole grateful day dedicated just to him!

1 comment:

Emma said...

That is so so sweet, and totally made me tear up. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday! :)