Wednesday, November 7, 2012

7.

**Molly with her best friend LJ**

Today I am grateful for friends.  I have great friends.  I don't feel like I make friends very easily, but once I make a friend, I feel very loyal to them.  I feel very blessed today to have started my day with a cold, dark run with Brittany.  I love running with Brittany for many reasons, the least of which is the actual running part.  We have the best conversations when we run.  I feel like we have gotten to know each other so well, and she is someone I may not have gotten to know otherwise.  I love that girl.  Then, I had a short but sweet phone conversation with one of my very best friends who lives out of state.  Every time I talk to her, it makes my whole day, and I am grateful that we stay connected over the miles.  Then, I got to go have lunch and spend the whole afternoon with another one of my very favorite friends, Kim, while our cute kids played.  She spoiled me with yummy homemade tamales and amazing conversation. We have been friends a very long time, and she has become so dear to me, like a sister without the fighting...Today was not a typical day for me, unfortunately, but it left me with a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart.  Where would I be without my wonderful friends?  I love you ALL!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Awww, thanks! I too love running together! And I feel very blessed that you had the courage to invite me - someone you didn't know - to run a marathon with you! How dramatically different my life would be had you not. I really would be missing out on something wonderful. Thank you!